Sunday, August 27, 2017

Sabbath Sanctuary: For The Love Of Sunflowers

I love sunflowers. They have always been a favorite of mine, next to hydrangeas and lilacs! My grandmother used to paint sunflowers quiet often; a couple of her paintings hang on my walls.


This summer I planted red mammoth sunflowers, and I instantly fell in love! 


I love that the backs of the reds are a colorful mixture of red and yellow
The yellow and red mammoths' growing together are beautiful, and gives a gorgeous preview of fall (though I am not quiet ready to let go summer)!

I think the reason I am so obsessed with my sunflowers this year is that creation amazes me. I Have been posting on InstaGram about them. The creation story has been long on my mind. God is glorious, and wonderful, and His wisdom is displayed in creation. I have long wanted to write a study on the creation story, so look for that soon on the blog. 

Rest this Sabbath in God's sanctuary; you are surrounded by the beauty of His hand. 

Here is a pretty ending to the weekend---a small preview of my sunflowers: You can view it here: Piper's Farm .




No comments:

Post a Comment