Friday, December 1, 2017

Goodbye November


One would not know it from the unseasonably warm weather, that we waved goodbye to November today, and welcomed in December.

I know last week marked the beginning of Advent, but I am behind. If you followed my Advent Journal last year, you know I created a Theology of Thanksgiving that I desired to apply to my life all year—not just at Thanksgiving and Advent. Gratefulness is something we have to cultivate all year, and it is not always easy, to remember the sacred and forget the chaos. 


This Advent season, I really want to show the Lord how grateful I am for all that He has done in my life, and all that He is going to do in the future. He is so faithful…so beginning here on Monday, I am challenging myself to write down ten things I am grateful for every day. Will you come on the Journey to Gratefulness with me? I would love for you to come. Please share in the comments what you are grateful for. I would love to hear from you. 










O Wisdom, O holy word of God, you govern all creation with your strong yet tender care: Come and show your people the way to salvation.

O Sacred Lord of ancient Israel, who showed yourself to Moses in the burning bush, who gave him the holy law on Sinai mountain: Come, stretch out your mighty hand to set us free.

O Flower of Jesse's stem, you have been raised up as a sign for all peoples; rulers stand silent in your presence; the nations bow down in worship before you. Come, let nothing keep you from coming to our aid.

O Key of David, O royal power of Israel, controlling at your will the gate of heaven: Come, break down the prison walls of death for those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death, and lead your captive people into freedom.

O Radiant Dawn, splendor of eternal light, sun of justice: Come, shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death.

O Ruler of all the nations, the only joy of every human heart, O keystone of the mighty arch of humankind: Come and save the creature you fashioned from the dust.

O Emmanuel, ruler and lawgiver, desire of the nations, savior of all people: Come and set us free, Lord our God. ~Advent in Church and Cultural Tradition, by Bobby Gross




No comments:

Post a Comment