I want to begin the journey to gratefulness today; to show the Lord that I am so thankful for all His gifts. I would not be who I am today if not for grace. I would have nothing if not for grace.
If He does nothing else for me but come to a lost, lonely, dying world to a manager—out of His love for me; that will be enough. He died for me. He rose again. If not for grace.
Ten things I am grateful for today:
1. Thank You Lord that You love me; You loved me so much that You came to rescue and redeem me from the power of sin.
2. Thank You Lord for my family.
3. Thank You for Your House (church) that You planted me in, and the opportunity and privilege of serving in that body.
4. Thank You for my Pastor and his wife, who You have placed as shepherds over my life.
5. Thank You for Your Word that feeds me and guides me to live.
6. Thank You for Your Salvation.
7. Thank You for Your Grace.
8. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit.
9. Thank You for Your faithfulness.
10. Thank You for blessing me and taking care of me and those I love.
For outlandish creatures like us, on our way to a heart, a brain, and courage, Bethlehem is not the end of our journey but only the beginning—not home but the place through which we must pass if ever we are to reach home at last. Frederick Buechner, The Magnificent Defeat
Will you prepare Him room? Join me on this journey to gratefulness.