Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Psalms, Eugene Peterson, and Bono


I wanted to take a moment and post a quick mention of this video; I have been waiting for it to be released for a while now! Eugene Peterson is one of my favorite authors. You will find quotes of his writing here often. Though he is widely known for his translation of the Bible The Message, his other writings have influenced my life and writing in a special way. I love his poetic writing, coupled with theology; it grabs hold of my heart in magnificent ways. The introductions to each book of the Bible in The Message are profound, and bring life to the Bible’s authors in a way I have never read before. I love his writing, and I pray that I can write like him one day. This video discussion with Bono on the Bible, and honesty in Christian art is worth the twenty minutes of your time. I pray that it will inspire you to read the Psalms, and the rest of the Bible through new eyes, and to think differently about Christianity and the arts.



If you have never read his other books, consider yourself deficient. You must read them; you will never read the Bible the same way again. I have not read them all, but I promise they are all on my wish list on Amazon!




No comments:

Post a Comment