Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Great Exchange

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time. 1 Timothy 2: 5-6



The yellow sticky note has not left me; its grip relentless-to remind me to drink His Grace;  it expresses my mood this Sabbath day. I am humbled by the Lord and His mercy. My bowl of ashes is a constant reminder that I have exchanged my ashes for His beauty. The enemy's voice is quick to deceive.Yet the Lord in all His mercy and His love for me, exchanged His ashes as well on that ominous, black Friday; the day the devil thought he won. His victory was a deception; his defeat under the precious, pierced foot of the Messiah. Imagine that day could bring forth such beauty.  The Beauty.


Oh Lord, thank You for not leaving me, when I left You
Lord thank You for being my Friend, when I turned away
Lord, thank You for Your Faithfulness, when I was unfaithful 
Lord thank You for Loving me, when I am unlovable 
Thank You Lord for not letting go- when I made it easy for you to do so....

Lord Jesus Christ—have mercy upon me....

I want God. I want more of Him. I want all that He has for me. I want His beauty; His beauty is a package deal with His ashes. Oh how we so easily forget...

and if we are children, then we are also heirs, heirs of God and joint-heirs with the Messiah - provided we are suffering with him in order also to be glorified with him {Romans 8:17 Complete Jewish Bible}.

So I must lay everything down at the foot of the cross...

Christ exchanged beauty and ashes with me; with you, by obediently becoming the ultimate sacrifice; 

The Great Exchange:

He was punished that I may be forgiven...
He was wounded so that I am healed...
righteousness in place of sin...
I am saved and justified...
I have life instead of death
blessing instead of a curse
Abundance has replaced poverty...
Shame traded for glory
I am accepted not rejected...
The old man is dead; the new man has taken his place...

His Mercy is abundant; how can I refuse Him now? How can you refuse Him now?

The Great Exchange is available to all...

The Exchange is not only for initial salvation, it is a banner over you when the enemy forgets he was defeated. It is a banner when guilt and shame attempt to find a room inside your soul. The voice that causes doubt; for was that not how he deceived Adam and Eve? God didn't really say...the Great Exchange is there to remind him of his demise. It is there to remind him he has no authority; no place to reign. 

When it gets just too hard... Lord Jesus Christ-have mercy on me...it is the devil's cease and desist order. 

Make the Exchange....

His chastisement for my peace....

Be at peace...





No comments:

Post a Comment