Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Advent Journal Day III: Scriptures of Hope



The first candle in Advent represents hope. This is a season of hope. The headlines tell us that the world is hopeless; but God gives us a different story. His Word is full of His promises, and His faithfulness; a Refuge of Hope. Below are some Scriptures that I read today reminding me and encouraging me to have Hope in Him. He is my strength. Read and meditate on these passage and gain strength for your soul.


So the helpless has hope, And unrighteousness must shut its mouth. Job 5:16

Though He slay me, I will hope in Him. Job 13:15 

For there is hope for a tree, when it is cut down, that it will sprout again, And its shoots will not fail. Job 14:7 

Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who hope in the LORD. Psalm 31:24 

Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him, on those who hope for His lovingkindness. Psalm 33:18 

For I hope in You, O LORD; You will answer, O Lord my God. Psalm 38:15 

And now, Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You. Psalm 39:7 

Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him For the help of His presence. Psalm 42:5 

 My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. Psalm 62:5 

But as for me, I will hope continually, and will praise You yet more and more. Psalm 71:14 

Sustain me according to Your word, that I may live; And do not let me be ashamed of my hope. Psalm 119:116 

I wait for the LORD , my soul does wait, and in His word do I hope. Psalm 130:5 


O Israel, hope in the LORD; For with the LORD there is lovingkindness, And with Him is abundant redemption. Psalm 130:7 




To read the entire Advent Journal click here: 


My scribbling....

No comments:

Post a Comment