Sunday, October 6, 2013

Great is Thy Faithfulness



God is faithful. He is faithful when we are not. He is faithful to provide His mercy to us when we need it. Like clockwork His mercies are new with the rising of the sun;

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

“How refreshing, then, how unspeakably blessed, to lift our eyes above this scene of ruin, and behold One who is faithful, faithful in all things, faithful at all times” (Pink, 1975, 52).

Know therefore that the Lord Thy God, He is God, the faithful God. Deut. 7:9

Prophecy:  

Also righteousness will be the belt about His loins, and faithfulness the belt about His waist. (Is. 11:5) 

His descendants shall endure forever and his throne as the sun before Me. It shall be established forever like the moon, and the witness in the sky is faithful. Selah. (Psalm 89:36-37)

Fulfillment: 

Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass. (1 Thess. 5:24)

If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself. (2 Tim. 2:13)

And from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood. (Rev. 1:5)

Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.(Rev. 2:10)

And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. (Rev. 19:11)  

How faithful are you? I am the first to confess that I am checking my faithfulness level. Jesus said, I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth? (Luke 18:8 NASB). Abiding in God is the surest way to remain faithful. 

When you depend on God, when He is your oxygen, when you can’t breathe without Him, when you reach the point that you know you will die without Him, you are abiding in God. He will strengthen you and be the wind beneath your wings. Trust in God, know that He holds you in His hand. Rest in Him.

“Are we resting with implicit assurance on these words, ‘He is faithful that promised’ (Heb. 10:23).” (Pink, 53).

In His Grace,






***UPDATE***

I just came from hearing an amazing woman speak at our church tonight. Cindi McMenamin is an amazing author and speaker. She read Psalm 139 tonight, and though not in the same context as my above post, I wanted to recite God's beautiful Psalm through His anointed Psalter; 



Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?  If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. (Psalm 139: 7-12 NIV)

How beautiful is God’s faithfulness? You cannot run from Him; He will pursue you. When you try to turn away from Him; He will not give up or turn away. That is the measure of His faithfulness.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment