Sunday, December 4, 2016

Advent Journal Day VIII: Perfect Peace


Tonight the second candle of Advent is lit. This week we seek His peace. Meditate on the Word and its promises concerning the Peace of Christ. Be encouraged with these Scriptures to prepare your hearts this week to receive His Peace.

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. Isaiah 11:1

How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! Isaiah 14:12

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations. Isaiah 42:1

Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:4-5

Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Isaiah 55:1

 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. Isaiah 55:8


The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners. Isaiah 61:1









To read the entire Advent Journal click here:



My Scribbling...



No comments:

Post a Comment