Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Advent Journal Day XXV: God's Unfailing Love

Christmas is fast approaching. Shopping, baking, preparing for the festivities, all can drain one of Joy. Though Joy can elude us, Love too, can be hard to muster. I wish I could tell you that I perfectly love everyone, every day, and that all the chores and to-do lists are delivered with Love; and with lots of sugar on top! I wish I could tell you that I don’t snap at my husband or children, or mother; or the clerk at the store. The true mark of a disciple is that we love one another {see Jn. 13:35}. I was tempted to perform a word search on how many times love is found in the Bible; how many times we are commanded to love one another. I thought better of it, as I did not want to beat myself over the head further. Thank you, Jesus, for Your Grace.

The truth is, that I fail miserably at loving perfectly. I don’t love my family as I should; I don’t love God as I should. Jesus Christ, have mercy on me. We all fail at loving in the fullness of Christ, and others fail us—miserably. The biggest travesty is how much we all fail God in loving Him as we should. But God’s Love never fails. God’s Love was demonstrated in that He sent His only Son {Rom. 5:8}, the pre-existent Second Person of the Trinity, fully God and fully man, clothed in flesh like us, to seek and save the lost {Lk. 19:10}. It doesn’t matter how much our love fails or falls short, His Love never changes. His Love never fails. I found over thirty verses {there are more I didn’t list} where Scripture drips like honey with His Unfailing Love. Be encouraged. As we seek hard after Him, as we koinonia with Him, and abide in Him, He will fill us with His Love to pour out on the world. That is how we find Joy,  that is how we find Love, in His presence is fullness of Joy {Ps. 16:11}, in His presence we find all that we need.

In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling {Exodus 15:13}.

Turn, Lord, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love {Ps. 6:4}.

But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation {Ps. 13:5}.

He gives his king great victories; he shows unfailing love to his anointed, to David and to his descendants forever {Ps. 18:50}.

For the king trusts in the Lord; through the unfailing love of the Most High he will not be shaken {Ps. 21:7}.

For I have always been mindful of your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness {Ps. 26:3}.

Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love {Ps. 31:16}.

Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord’s unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in him {Ps. 32:10}.

The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love {Ps. 33:5}.

But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love {Ps. 33:18}.

May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you {Ps. 33:22}.

How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings {Ps. 36:7}.

Rise up and help us; rescue us because of your unfailing love {Ps. 44:26}.

Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love {Ps. 48:9}.

{For the director of music. A psalm of David. When the prophet Nathan came to him after David had committed adultery with BathshebaHave mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions {Ps. 51:1}.

But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever {Ps. 52:8}.

Show us your unfailing love, Lord, and grant us your salvation {Ps. 85:7}.

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days {Ps. 90:14}.

When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, Lord, supported me {Ps. 94:18}.

Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind {Ps. 107:8}.

Help me, Lord my God; save me according to your unfailing love {Ps. 109:26}.

May your unfailing love come to me, Lord, your salvation, according to your promise {Ps.119:41}.

May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant {Ps. 119:76}.

In your unfailing love preserve my life, that I may obey the statutes of your mouth {Ps. 119:88}.

Israel, put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love and with Him is full redemption {Ps. 130:7}.

I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness, for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame {Ps. 138:2}.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life {Ps. 143:8}.

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant {Ps.  143:12}.

The Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love {Ps. 147:11}.

“Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you {Is. 54:10}.

The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness {Jer. 31:3}.

Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love {Lam. 3:32}.










To read the entire Advent Journal click here:

No comments:

Post a Comment